*K1, P1, REPEAT FROM * UNTIL ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

11.21.2009

Craft Links a la Mode: 11.21.09

  • Over at Craftivism, Betsey brings us a really interesting story about a WWII prisoner of war who knit a giant rug while imprisoned in Germany. See it here.
  • Are you using Twitter lists? I am. And I can tell you while there are a lot of good uses for lists, the devil in me wants to make a list called, "hey I'm ignoring y'all." Anyway, Listorious has a good "Handmade Nation" list you might want to check out. Lot of my favorite people are on there.
  • Speaking of Handmade Nation, Faythe tells us via the Handmade Nation blog that her presentation to the American Craft Council last month is live on the ACC site. You can download most of the presentations here in case you weren't able to be in Minneapolis in person. Neat!
  • Etsy changed the rules. What's new you say? Plenty as usual.
  • Speaking of Etsy, Rob Kalin gave an interview to Reader's Digest here. It's always interesting to me to read about something familiar in an article geared toward people to whom it is not familiar at all.
  • Last week I asked about Regretsy. Well now Regretsy got a book deal. You can read about it, oh, pretty much everywhere, or you can read what April Winchell has to say about it on Regretsy here.
  • I also talked about The American Craft Council's big move to Minneapolis next summer. Chair Leilani Duke talks a bit more about why they're moving on the MinnPost here. I know I was curious.
  • And finally in internal Marimello news, the Craft Calendar is up and running again. I had been taking some time off of maintaining that, but I shall slack no more. If you have any events you'd like to submit, leave a comment and I'll get right on it.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

Hey cutie! I just wanted to let you know that the 'Year in Yes' 2010 calendar is officially for sale now, if you're still keen! Thanks for making Yes and Yes part of your day ;)